On the 30 July 2014 MTR Corporation (Crossrail) Limited, now trading as MTR Elizabeth line – a 100% owned subsidiary of MTR Corporation, was awarded the concession for operating the new Elizabeth line connecting the East and West of London through a new central tunnel.
MTR Elizabeth line seeks to set a new transport standard for the UK, moving people and connecting communities better than anyone else. MTR Elizabeth line will deliver train and passenger services including:
- Excellence in customer service through 41 Elizabeth line stations
- Providing approximately 700 timetabled services per weekday
- A peak timetable frequency of 24 trains per hour
- An estimated 200 million annual passengers – a 10% increase in London’s rail capacity
- Step free access for 95% of journeys
MTR Elizabeth line expects to employ up to 850 new people. MTR Elizabeth line has strived to ensure those they employ reflect the communities from which we serve. This has included over 500 Drivers and over 50 apprenticeships.
Our aspiration is that MTR Elizabeth line will set the benchmark for passenger experience on European metro services and achieve internationally recognised high standards of safety, reliability, and quality and customer service.